Tuesday 3 March 2015

Senet Design Document part 1

For our second critcal game studies assignment Eddie asked us to make a Design Document on the Ancient game we chose and iterated for our first assignment.

Things the assignment must include are:

  • A paragraph on the game scenario
  • Board Design
  • Game-piece Design
  • An Asset List
  • A couple of paragraphs each on game design and gameplay
  • A rule set for the player (full but brief rules, in an appendix)

After receiving the brief i started thinking about research and things i wanted to include within my Design Document, I revisited some reading materials from the VLE and came across a few interesting and helpful pages.

The first page i looked at was Catus Marketing. They are a Toy and Game inventor who wrote a very helpful guideline for writing rules for games.

After reading their guidelines it got me thinking about the layout I wanted for my design document and the things I wanted it to include, I started splitting up my page into different headings of important area's I wanted to cover including Object of the game, preparation for playing, how to play, order of play, movement, how scoring work, how to win and lots more!

I found i had so much to talk about but now had the problem of keeping my sentances and rules short and simple so the player doesnt lose intrest.

I'll blog again when ive worked some more on other parts of my design document, like board design and game-pieces.

Jayme

No comments:

Post a Comment