Thursday 12 March 2015

Design Document Part 2

After doing my rules I decided to start working on my board design and playing pieces for my design document, for this I first spent a few hours doing research and just image searching things which i thought were cool, colors I liked, pictures and textures that felt "Egyptian".

After a while I had plenty to work with, and started thinking about how I wanted my board to be portrayed and what feeling I wanted it to give off.

I made a color palette for my board and pieces of various colors id gathered from images I liked and started creating my first iteration of my board.

Some of the colors worked but it didnt feel as "Egyptian" as i would of liked, so I added a few different layers and filters. After a few iterations it was started to give the right feel i wanted to portray.

I made a few more minor alterations and after a few hours I was happy with my board, next was my game-pieces.

I started thinking about what best fit for Ancient Egyptian pieces and I had a few ideas. I started modelling a few different things and played around with different designs and how they fit/worked with the board.

After some working I made something I was happy with, it fit the board well and seemed to work well with the game mechanics.

I'll post some pictures of my Board and Game-Piece designs soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment