Sunday 15 March 2015

Group Project: Pixel Art

During my 2nd group project our team decided that we were going to do pixel art for our game on "The Road". I personally had never done pixel art before, but was keen on learning different techniques and how its done, so first I started where we always do... Research!

I checked out a few very simple tutorials to get me started, first creating basic shapes like squares as pixel art in photoshop:

But even after learning simple techniques, I knew there was more to Pixel art than that, all of the detail of pixel art came from shading or "Dithering", that was next on the list of things to learn!

I checked out simple Dithering tutorials to add to the Boxes I'd made and learnt some more simple techniques:
Dithering took some getting used to, but added a whole new element to the Pixel art itself, it was great learning and I was excited to try some of the Techniques on my Art Tasks assigned through my Group Project Sprint Work.


Here are a few examples of different Pixel Art Styles ive made through my Group Project:




Bibliography


V, Mall. (2014). How to start with pixel art. Available: http://vanmall.deviantart.com/art/How-to-start-with-pixel-art-121520884. Last accessed 13/03/2015.

R, Adi. (2011). Dithering Tutorial. Available: http://kitted.deviantart.com/art/DITHERING-TUTORIAL-Basics-69747353. Last accessed 13/03/2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment